***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, November 8, 2013

Snowman for Christmas

I adore doing these canvas pictures.  The Christmas theme is quickly becoming a favorite for me.
I create my background using gesso, Traditions acrylic paints, sprays.  Some brushed on, some stenciled on and some sprayed.
I roughly free hand drawed the snowman and the tree and cut them out of good quality designer paper.  The cheap stuff doesn't hold up as well.  Using liquitex matte medium I glue them down.
 
Then the fun starts again!
I paint and smear using brush and fingers.
To get the edges and the shading I used GELATOS.  LOVE those!!
 


I love my finished piece.  I'll be entering it in the November challenge at Faber Castell.  One of my favorite companies!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is adorable Karen!!! I might just have to try one!!!

Sassy said...

So cute, Karen! I love snowmen!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

very cute project - love your snowman

Barb Housner

Lisa Minckler said...

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!! I love your drawings SO much :) This is adorable.

Marlena M. said...

This is PERFECTION Karen~I LOVE that snowman. Forgive me for taking so long to visit...I get confused by the Google thingie and put it off until I see a link to get here to your blog.

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...