***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Santa mixed media canvas

I have loved making Christmas items.  This is a flat canvas board. Size 9x11.
The background was started with Liquitex matte medium and ripped book page pieces.
I sprayed blue inks around the edges, then brushed acrylic gesso on the inside. 
I glued punched snowflakes (SU punch)-used blue and grey designer papers.
I free hand drew the santa on piece of designer paper and cut him out. Glued him on.
Painted him with Traditions paint.
Did some stenciling over top of him.

 Punched two holes in the top and threaded some satin ribbon to hang it with.



Entering this into Craft my Life challenge.

6 comments:

Marisa Job said...

What a beautiful canvas!! Love it!

Norma Gomez said...

He's adorable Karen, beautiful canvas :D

Norma Gomez said...

He's adorable Karen, beautiful canvas :D

Andreja said...

Such a perfect creation! I like your picture!
Thank you so much for joining us at All Crafts Challenge :-))
Hugs, Andreja

Lisa Minckler said...

OH MY WORD...he's adorable! You hand drew this? I love him! Those glimmery eyes and that precious little nose and the oufit...you are so talented. Absolutely love this Christmas canvas project Karen :D

Unknown said...

Great Project and colours super cute image. Thank you for joining us at Craft my Life with our Anything but a card challenge, Tania xx (DT)

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...