***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Once Upon A Sketch-Beautiful & Original


I've been creating layouts for several days now! Once I get started-I can't stop!
Here is a layout from Dominican Republic.  Our cruise May 2012.

This was my favorite stop.  Because you see-the little town was for artists to live in.  They are self sufficient there.  They live, eat, create & sell their craft there.
I was so excited to even be in their presence!  They had a humble spirit about them.  I'm sure they are used to the "American's" gawking at them!
 For my background, I applied gesso to most of the paper and then stamped Memento Espresso truffle with a script stamp over the whole page.

I used a piece of cheese cloth on one corner and under the bottom picture the cheese cloth is stiff with modeling paste (I used it on a canvas to get texture). Tried making my flowers from crocheted bit, taffeta, antique metal buttons. Kind of fits the theme I thought.

 I'm entering the layout at Once Upon A Sketch. Their August theme is journaling. So I did it right on my page.  I like it!  Thanks for the jumping point!


6 comments:

Marisa Job said...

Such a pretty layout! Great details!

Eila Sandberg said...

This is such a lovely page! sweet bloom you have made there. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at OUAS!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty layout! Thanks for joining along with OUAS :) please consider turning off word verification as it adds another time consuming step to the commenting process. thanks :)

Renata Moni said...

Great work! Thanks for joining along with OUAS :)

Leslie Germain said...

Hello Karen. Saw your beautiful and unique layout on OUAS. Love the embellishments and the background paper. I love connecting with other scrapbookers and am now following you via GFC. WOuld love for you to stop by and say hi.
Leslie
www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

Ulyth said...

Beautiful work!

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...