***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Happy Birthday bag using fabric

I was totally inspired to create this gift bag from the August challenge at Berry71bleu
We were supposed to use textiles.
 
I started my background with gelatos.  I used the stipple brush and rubbed in gray and yellow.
I stamped script with brown archival ink.  Did some random stamping with a small stamp-you can't really see it, but it added some random yellow places.
 
I collaged some floral fabric on chipboard and then ran it thru my Big Shot. Cut out the flowers with Stamp In up die. To finish the centers I added some Wild Orchid Flower bling.
The ferns were cut with my cricut.  I sponged a different green around the edges to bring some depth.
 

 I distressed the edges of the flowers and the tags.
 I finished it off with a couple of tags I layered.  I stamped both with some sentiments.


Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you are inspired to incorporate some fabric and texture in your next project.

7 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous bag! I love all the stamping! Thanks for joining the Berry71Bleu August Textile Challenge! =)

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Very innovative! Thank you for playing along with Berry71Bleu.

Marisa Job said...

What a cute bag! Great idea!

Norma Gomez said...

Oh I love your project!! You did such a beautiful job. Thanks for joining the Berry71Bleu Aug Challenge :D

Unknown said...

What a cute gift bag! Love the flowers... Thanks for joining our challenge at berry71bleu!

Marilyn said...

So cute bag!!!Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!!

Amanda Trought said...

This is so pretty, love what you have done with the bag.

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...