***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Monday, August 12, 2013

PaperArtsy Challenge


This week at PaperArtsy -France Papillon has a challenge going-Hearts
 This is a 5x7 canvas. I laid some cheesecloth over top the canvas and smeared modeling paste over it.  Pull the cheese cloth off and allow to dry completely.  Then I layered pigment ink over top with a makeup sponge. I did some stamping with stazon black ink with a script stamp.
I printed my sentiment -sprayed with varnish so the ink wouldn't smear-cut it out and adhered to the canvas with gel medium.  Doodle around the edges to blend into your canvas.
 Once the cheese cloth dried I hand cut a heart from it. Layered it with some ribbon, crochet flower and a pearl on top.


Since it's on a flat canvas, it can be displayed on an easel or put in a frame.
I love how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by & please leave a comment telling me what you think!
Have a blessed week.

9 comments:

Alison said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!
Alison x

Janet said...

Great heart canvas Karen
Janet

france papillon said...

oh how cute is this!! thank you for playing along :)

xx
france

Trish said...

Oh it is so lovely!

Kirsten said...

That's so lovely!

Julie Lee said...

Wow! Yes, this really turned out well! I love the effect of Grunge Paste through canvas! Julie Ann xx

Gillian .... said...

So pretty, great textures too, thanks for joining in our GD challenge this week.

PaperArtsy said...

Brilliant Karen, love the colour, and the texture...cheesecloth is a great surface for that! Thanks for joining us this week :)

Leandra

craftimamma said...

Beautiful canvas Karen. I must try and get hold of some cheesecloth because I love the texture you've created with it. The heart looks amazing.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...