***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Mixed Media Technique

I shared this technique with my OWSE group.  We have art technique class every Wednesday evening at 7PM.  I hope you'll join us.

 I found these butterfly images on pintrest-free!  Printed and fussy cut them.  Used collage glue to attach to my 8x10 canvas. (as well as that scrap piece of DP) I made a gesso wash by adding some water to my acrylic gesso (Traditions gesso) and went over top of my beautiful butterflies.  Dry well before moving on.
 I mixed a rust and turquoise color using traditions acrylic paint.  Smeared across my canvas with a palette knife. Dry really well before moving onto the next step.
Apply another wash of gesso on top to dull own the color and push everything to the background. Allow to dry well.
 Using a 3x4 stamp (Hero ARts) I stamped from top to bottom with brown Archival Ink. As you can see-it doesn't matter that its the same pattern-it blends into the background.   I also did the same thing using some words stamps and black archival ink.  If it's still darker than you want-do a last wash with gesso and dry.
 Then add your embellishments and words. 
The words is from a Christian song by Johnny Diaz-More Beautiful you.

 Here's a close up of my chipboard bird. I put gesso on it, painted then stamped and coated it in crackle medium. Turned out so cool!  I used one of my background butterflies to put on the back of my Prima Riley Stamp. Loved that too!


More Beautiful you will be for sale at my Etsy store. HERE

3 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh my goodness gracious!!!!! That is gorgeous and the tutorial is exceptional. I have seen mixed media ALL over the place but never really known HOW to go about it. I love this technique so much and I'm so grateful that you've shared it. Your canvas turned out exceptionally amazing. I never knew that those two color combinations could be so captivating!!!
hugs to you,
Lisa xx

Unknown said...

saw those all in the gallery and LOVED them all. My favorite is the one with the girl.

Cindi E said...

Great technique,Love the finished look!

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...