Skip to main content

Merry Altered Christmas Jean

Surprise for Altered Pages owner: Jean Moore
 
Everyone on our Design Team created a 5x5 page for a mini album for her!!
It's been a secret for 6 weeks or more! 
 
In order to keep the book somewhat cohesive, the theme was intended to represent what Jean's goal is: to empower women to create.  The colors to be used: jewel tones.
 
Here's my take:

I made my background paper using a stencil and some spray inks.  The lady is a collage from Altered Pages-I added some yellow texture paint to the background. I created the flowers using a die. 

We're all waiting to see the finished product-today is the BIG REVEAL day!!

To see the finished book go to: Altered Pages

Merry Christmas Jean! You are the best!

Thanks for stopping by!

Karen
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas

DecoArt new Premium Acrylic Mixed Media Paint Home Project

Recycling and creating something new has always been one of my favorite things to do.   The square "shadow box" I've been saving for quite some time and now have forgotten what came in it.  It's part of packaging. The initial C I purchased from Joanne's. The "shadowbox" had a couple of layers in the bottom. Gesso, white acrylic, dry brushed black, titan buff. I used a small round brush to paint in the lines.   The new Premium Acrylic paint leaves behind a satin finish.  Really nice. The background -which is a recycled 16x20 canvas coated in white gesso, was painted with Americana Deep Burgundy. Once dry, I dry brushed some Titan Buff (Premium acrylic) randomly. I painted the C in black premium acrylic.  Glued it to the bottom right corner of the shadowbox with tacky glue. I used a whie Posca pen to write my favorite verse around the edges of the shadowbox.  I used Tacky glue and hot glue to adhere the flowers.  I like to use both. Hot glue helps it sti…