Skip to main content

Guest @ Craft Hoarders Anonymous

I am excited to be a guest designer for Craft Hoarders Anonymous this month!!
 
Gloria Stengel started this blog with challenges for you to use the craft supplies you hoard.
Great idea right?!
When I started thinking about my supplies-I realized, much to my dismay, I hoard a lot of stuff!
Why?  You know the companies are constantly making cuter and nicer stuff all the time!
 
This challenge is:
 
Challenge #15 All the Pretty Flowers
This challenge is for all of you flower hoarders! Maybe you hoard pre-made flowers. Maybe you hoard flower punches or dies. Maybe you hoard flower stamps. "Dig" out those flowers and use them on your project!
 I've created a prayer box.  I altered a matchbox.  I made my own designer paper using stencils, inks and black stazon.  My hoarded flowers are Wild Orchid Flowers.  The string flat back pearls are from WOF.  The vintage lace I buy locally from a friend. 
 Inside my cute box is a poem written by Patti at A Soul's Heartbeat.  It's about listing your everyday blessings.  You know-the little things: a smile, a hug, a rainbow....you get the idea.  That way when you're having a bad day-you can look in your box and be reminded of God's blessings!

Head on over to the challenge blog:  Craft Hoarders Anonymous and create something to share with us using your hoarded flowers!!  You will get lots of inspiration from the designers over there.  You might even win a prize!!

5 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Happy Birthday with Paper Artsy stamps/masking

I was inspired by the current challenge at Paper Artsy-masking.  I've created this card using a different kind of masking. I brayed paint onto my gelli plate and this pushed the Paper Artsy flower stamps into the paint. Then I pulled the print. Wow!! The stamp pulled the paint off creating a negative space. I hightlighted the stamps with watercolor pencils. Did some additional stamping with Paper Artsy vine, then stamped The Happy Birthday sentiment from Stampin Up.  Added 3 die cut flowers on top with dimensional s to finish the card. I LOVE how it turned out!! I hope this inspires you!!!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas