***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Chellenge using WOOD

 
I was totally inspired by the challenge going on at Eclectic Paperie.
The challenge is to use wood.
I have a wooden toilet paper holder.  Have had it for years!  Bought from ABC Distributors.  Has 4 wooden panels for the front that you can change out depending on the season of the year.
Do you have one?  Know what I'm talking about?
 
Been thinking for a long time I needed to update at least one panel.  This challenge was the perfect incentive!
 
I covered it in black gesso first.
 White it was drying I stamped colored and cut out some images from Inspired Stamps.
 I used modeling paste and some stencils, some pigment inks and some stamps.  I couldn't get the pigment ink to dry-so I embossed using sparkle embossing powder.
 This stencil above is made by my friend Retta.  Called carpet of flowers.  The one below is one I had in my stash.  As you can see I used a white pen to go around my images.  Really made them POP!

 It's so tall-I couldn't get one picture of it!! Had to divide into two.  I LOVE how it turned out!!

Thanks for stopping by.  Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!



 

3 comments:

Retta said...

Great project and way to match your style!

Anonymous said...

Wow Karen, what a fabulous project ! Love the flowers and the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at eclectic Paperie. Sue C x

Julia Aston said...

This is just delightful Karen - and certainly pretties up the toilet paper holder - love the background you created on it - and the pretty stampings you added! Thanks so much for playing with the eclectic Paperie challenge!

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...