***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Technique share from Paper Artsy

New technique by Ellen Vargo this week at Paper Artsy
I had to get inky with her!
 
 I started with a brayer and antique white acrylic paint.
 Then I brayered by 2 fresco paints-Spanish Mulberry & Rose
 I also used a purple acrylic paint.
 Once dry-I added texture with a stencil and liquitex modeling paste.
 One of the chipboard pages I brayered some antique white over top of the colors.
 

 I cut them apart to make post cards for a swap I'm participating in.  Did some inking with Black Stazon using a Stampin Up stamp.

Here's the back of the post card. I stamped using Stampin Up Post Card stamp. I distressed it with mustard yellow, old paper, vintage photo and walnut stain.

I LOVE THEM!!!!  Thank you Ellen for the inspiration!!



 

8 comments:

ellen vargo designs said...

OMG Karen your project is wonderful! Love your brayered background, the colors you chose, the stenciled texture, and that you cut the piece up for post cards... I hope you had fun and am so glad you joined in. See you next time!

Alison said...

Your backgrounds are gorgeous Karen!
Alison x

massofhair said...

Great idea to use this technique on a postcard, loving your colours and stamps used. All so beautiful :-) xxx

Anonymous said...

They look great, they have a lovely vintage look.

Trish said...

They are gorgeous!

Craftyfield said...

Lovely vintage feel to your cards!

Darcy Marshall said...

Lovely colours, very subtle and vintage looking.

Lin said...

Beautiful!!

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...