***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, November 22, 2013

Sea Salt * Ink * Drying Time

I love altering boxes! 
The sides were as fun to create as the box lid design!

 I cut the flowers with SU die, spray with water & scrunch up tight to dry. After they are dry, distress the edges with Vintage photo ink and layer them with Scotch Quick Dry glue. I added distress stickles in Dusty Rose to the edges and flat back pearls from Wild Orchid Roses.

The sentiment is from Stampin Up.  The designer paper from Fact or Fiction.

The technique on the bottom of the box was SO COOL!  First, I gesso'd the box-dry.  Then I dabbed barn red distress paint-dried pretty quick, then stamped using purple and green pigment ink (colorbok) -I used my Paper Artsy Stamp & they curve easily so I could go around my edges.  I put a heavy coat of sea salt overtop and allowed to dry.  Take your hand and wipe away the dried salt. 
Left a wonderful texture!  there is even a slight glitter left over from the salt.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Karen, this box is beautiful! I love all the pretties on top and the distress along the edges. The words on the tag are just what I needed to read today. You're such a blessing.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and prayers for lots of customers! What's your email? I was looking on here and couldn't find it. Mine is cassandra@cushmanroad.com

Hugs to you and have a great day my friend!
www.bluelilydesign.net

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...