Skip to main content

Sea Salt * Ink * Drying Time

I love altering boxes! 
The sides were as fun to create as the box lid design!

 I cut the flowers with SU die, spray with water & scrunch up tight to dry. After they are dry, distress the edges with Vintage photo ink and layer them with Scotch Quick Dry glue. I added distress stickles in Dusty Rose to the edges and flat back pearls from Wild Orchid Roses.

The sentiment is from Stampin Up.  The designer paper from Fact or Fiction.

The technique on the bottom of the box was SO COOL!  First, I gesso'd the box-dry.  Then I dabbed barn red distress paint-dried pretty quick, then stamped using purple and green pigment ink (colorbok) -I used my Paper Artsy Stamp & they curve easily so I could go around my edges.  I put a heavy coat of sea salt overtop and allowed to dry.  Take your hand and wipe away the dried salt. 
Left a wonderful texture!  there is even a slight glitter left over from the salt.


1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas

DecoArt new Premium Acrylic Mixed Media Paint Home Project

Recycling and creating something new has always been one of my favorite things to do.   The square "shadow box" I've been saving for quite some time and now have forgotten what came in it.  It's part of packaging. The initial C I purchased from Joanne's. The "shadowbox" had a couple of layers in the bottom. Gesso, white acrylic, dry brushed black, titan buff. I used a small round brush to paint in the lines.   The new Premium Acrylic paint leaves behind a satin finish.  Really nice. The background -which is a recycled 16x20 canvas coated in white gesso, was painted with Americana Deep Burgundy. Once dry, I dry brushed some Titan Buff (Premium acrylic) randomly. I painted the C in black premium acrylic.  Glued it to the bottom right corner of the shadowbox with tacky glue. I used a whie Posca pen to write my favorite verse around the edges of the shadowbox.  I used Tacky glue and hot glue to adhere the flowers.  I like to use both. Hot glue helps it sti…