***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Paper Artsy style-Vintage & Shabby Chic altered box

Joining Paper Artsy this week. Liz had a fabulous technique. HERE
I missed the deadline to join-I forget Australia is ahead of us!  It was still worth it.
There are too many steps to list them all, but I'm trying to show you some of the most interesting parts.  I LOVE altering boxes. 
I decided to alter the paper before putting it on my box.  Luckily all sides were the same. I will warn you-You don't want paper all the way to the top.  The lid becomes too tight.  Have learned that the hard way!
 Modeling paste over a rose stencil I have.  Allow to dry.  Using gelatos, I scrubbed-literally-scrubbed/rubbed them all over.  I used a damp paint brush to smear it in. (fingers are very useful as well)
 Then I rubbed red gelato over the rose area.  Use a damp paper towel or baby wipe & wipe it off. Kind of crazy huh?  But I want a vintage/shabby chic look.
 To get different shades/tones- I kind of dabbed the paint
 I lightly spritzed brown smooth over small parts.
 After I added it to the box, I used gesso, vintage photo & barn red distress paint around the edges.  It covers up those edges.

 Here's a couple of pics of the finished box.  The top was layered with a doily, lace, ribbon, a framed vintage girl & a handmade flower.

Here's the top of the bx.  My hand made flower has bits of lace tucked under some of the layers.  Saw Jule with Wild Orchid crafts doing that. 

Hope you love it-cause I ADORE IT.




1 comment:

Marisa Job said...

Wow! This is just beautiful!! Love it!!

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...