***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, October 4, 2013

Altered Shoebox-Horses Rule!


This is the top of the box. The horse is a digital image from Stamp N Doodle.
I adhered everything except the die cut flowers with Liquitex matt medium.
 This is one side-the other side matches. I fussy cut the daisy designer paper (from stash), used flower punch for the burgundy red flowers (paper is thick and textured),

the handmade flowers were 3 layers of die cut flowers.  After you cut them, spritz them with water and scrunch them up tight-allow to dry.  Gently open them up, distress the edges and layer with hot glue.  I added a flat back pearl to the center. 
I used thick designer paper by Kraft.  Measured top and bottom.  Stamped images using Black Archival Ink and colored them with Prisma colored pencils.

Stamp set from Mark's Finest Paper.

I also covered the inside with light designer paper.

You can get similar supplies in our store Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium.  Everything is discounted 20-25% EVERY DAY!!

Almost anything can be upcycled.  This box is for a nine year old girl that loves horses.
I hope this encourages you to step outside the BOX  and create something new out of something old!

Have a blessed Friday


4 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

This came out beautiful!! Neat idea.

Lisa Minckler said...

It's fantastic. My mother would have loved this when she was little too. The vintage horse images are incredible. Love anything that's repurposed.

Marisa Job said...

What a beautiful project!! It really is a masterpiece!!

Lynn said...

I love your box! The deep rich colors and and the flowers are just beautiful.

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...