***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Wait on the Lord Canvas


One of our challenges at OWSE is to create something with a bird.  
I've been wanting to paint the pine trees for a long time.  

This verse from Psalms 27:14 really spoke to me this week.
This is a 16x20 canvas. I've painted using acrylic paint.  I printed the verse from my computer and distressed the edges with Tim Holtz vintage photo.  I sprayed walnut and cornflower spray solution on the edges. Gave it lots of dimension and depth.


I'm entering this in Paint Party Friday and Word Art Wednesday.
Hope you like it!



7 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is really cool, Karen. You're so creative and I am SO grateful to have you stop by and share with us. I hope to see you EVERY week and pray that God will bless you as you create and share. I'm so grateful to have you stop by. Hope to see you again SOON!
Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Mary C. Nasser said...

Beautifully done, Karen.
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Marisa Job said...

Beautiful canvas! Love the scripture!!

Unknown said...

Hi Karen! Thank you for stopping by and visiting with me. I'm sorry I haven't been around to visit with you. How'd your online auction go?

I hope you're doing well, have a great day! Hugs to you!

Unknown said...

I forgot to comment on your beautiful canvas. Sorry. Did you paint the tree and bird? I love the distressing. Very pretty!

Lisa Minckler said...

It's amazing what you've created here and the pine tree is gorgeous. We are in the midst of retiring and moving and we are trying to choose trees for our new yard. Could you just come over and paint these??? The calmness and serene feeling you get when looking at this canvas conveys so much about the verse you chose. Beautiful work :)
hugs,
Lisa x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the flow of the tree branches and the depth you achieved. I love Psalms too, so I can see how it would inspire you. Blessings!

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...