Skip to main content

Meet the generous Artist #3



We only have a few more days till the Art Auction starts to benefit the American Cancer Society.
I'm truly blessed to bring you two more of my sweet friends that have donated.
Karen Letchworth and Wendy Pettifer.

********************************************************************
My name is Karen Letchworth, and I am a crafter who LOVES and LIVES FOR the Lord, Jesus Christ.  I am blessed far beyond what I deserve, and give God ALL THE PRAISE AND GLORY for the every good thing in my life. 
 I am currently the owner/administrator of a challenge blog called Word Art Wednesday where everyone is welcome to share their art projects.   I also design for three great craft companies:   The Kraft Outlet, V's Sweet Ideas, and Eureka Stamps. 
 I have been happily married to a wonderful Christian man, and police officer, for over 28 years, and am blessed with three wonderful children who are living their lives for the Lord.  I am blessed, quite simply, because of the goodness of the Lord, and not of my own doing.  I love crafting SO MUCH, and invite you to stop by blog My Cup Runneth Over to say hello. 
 I hope you will all be very generous as you bid on these items; knowing that the money is all going for a very worthy cause, and that God will bless you for giving - according to His holy Word in 2 Corinthians 9:6-8.  Thanks for participating in this special auction.



 ************************************************************************
My name is Wendy - I am 55 years young, live in Hamilton, New Zealand with my husband and our cat “Sparky.”
I work fulltime as a Claims Advisor for a government department.
My creative passions include most anything papercraft related- including cardmaking, rubberstamping, digital stamps, scrapbooking, altered art, art journaling, off the page items, canvases. I also enjoy cross stitch, knitting and I am just starting to make my first sewn quilt.
 
 
 

 I want to thank these ladies from the bottom of my heart for helping me to raise money for the ACS.  
Bidding will begin on 5/17/13 at 6PM and end 5/19/13 at 6PM.  The winning bidder will be notified and directed to pay for their piece directly to my Relay For Life site. Once they notify me the money has been received, the artwork will be mailed to them.

1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Happy Birthday with Paper Artsy stamps/masking

I was inspired by the current challenge at Paper Artsy-masking.  I've created this card using a different kind of masking. I brayed paint onto my gelli plate and this pushed the Paper Artsy flower stamps into the paint. Then I pulled the print. Wow!! The stamp pulled the paint off creating a negative space. I hightlighted the stamps with watercolor pencils. Did some additional stamping with Paper Artsy vine, then stamped The Happy Birthday sentiment from Stampin Up.  Added 3 die cut flowers on top with dimensional s to finish the card. I LOVE how it turned out!! I hope this inspires you!!!

DecoArt Stencils-Wall Art

I wanted to create  a nice design on my bathroom wall. I used DecoArt Traditions acrylic paint. Several stencils were used: First I taped off 7x7 squares leaving an inch between them. I painted them White Wash White. It took a couple of coats to cover up the lavender on the wall.  The I started layering using Botanical stencil and Antique Green. I used all 3 designs and just moved the stencil around on each square.  To get a different shade, I added some of the White Wash White to do the 2nd leaf. The third one I used yellow. The flower is from the Garden collection and is Reusable -stick on stencil. I did some of the flowers in Black Plum and some in Yellow. The bird is from the Bee's and Birds stencil. I did two coats of Black Plumb. I ended up sealing it with a coat of Satin Varnish.

 I hope you'll be inspired to paint on your walls!!