Skip to main content

Christ is the key



Altered Composition Book
Featuring Lauren Curtis digital image that you can find at 
 Using fusible web product, I ironed it to the material and a piece of white card stock.
To stick it on the composition book I used score tape.  I colored the image with Prisma Colored pencils.

The center strip is a piece of brown card stock. I cut down each side with decorative scissors, rubbed gesso on the edges, then sponged Tim Holtz distress ink over that.  Then I ran it thru my Big Shot inside a sizzlet folder.


To make my key, I hand drew one, traced it two more times.  Fussy cut them out, glued together with glossy accents.  I embossed it twice in silver.  I roughed it up a little with sand paper and then rubbed distress ink all over it.
 
 This is the inside front and rear cover.  Used My Mind's Eye paper.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Happy Birthday with Paper Artsy stamps/masking

I was inspired by the current challenge at Paper Artsy-masking.  I've created this card using a different kind of masking. I brayed paint onto my gelli plate and this pushed the Paper Artsy flower stamps into the paint. Then I pulled the print. Wow!! The stamp pulled the paint off creating a negative space. I hightlighted the stamps with watercolor pencils. Did some additional stamping with Paper Artsy vine, then stamped The Happy Birthday sentiment from Stampin Up.  Added 3 die cut flowers on top with dimensional s to finish the card. I LOVE how it turned out!! I hope this inspires you!!!

DecoArt Stencils-Wall Art

I wanted to create  a nice design on my bathroom wall. I used DecoArt Traditions acrylic paint. Several stencils were used: First I taped off 7x7 squares leaving an inch between them. I painted them White Wash White. It took a couple of coats to cover up the lavender on the wall.  The I started layering using Botanical stencil and Antique Green. I used all 3 designs and just moved the stencil around on each square.  To get a different shade, I added some of the White Wash White to do the 2nd leaf. The third one I used yellow. The flower is from the Garden collection and is Reusable -stick on stencil. I did some of the flowers in Black Plum and some in Yellow. The bird is from the Bee's and Birds stencil. I did two coats of Black Plumb. I ended up sealing it with a coat of Satin Varnish.

 I hope you'll be inspired to paint on your walls!!