***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Monday, January 14, 2013

Thank You God for my Mom



This week at  Inspired Stamps the verse for our challenge is
Psalm 92:4

I'm so thankful for my Mom.  She's been a rock for our whole family at one time or another.
I was diagnosed with cancer January 2005. for the next year my Mom was there for me.
She spent the night in the hospital with me during my week of surgery, took me & picked me up every week for my chemo treatments, she encouraged me when I was down, brought me food when I couldn't cook, cleaned me up when I was sick all over myself, held me on the commode when I didn't have the strength, asked questions of the doctors when I couldn't think straight, best of all-she prayed for me-day and night. 
I could have never had a better caregiver in the world.

Both our birthdays is in January.  The picture on my layout is this past weekend at Outback Steak house celebrating my birthday.  I can't wait till 1/31/13-that's when we'll celebrate her birthday!
 
The paper is from stampin up. Presto pattern. It started off white with embossed words.  I rubbed a couple of different distress inks over it so the embossed words would show up.  I stamped and stenciled on top of that. 
Added a few embellishments and was done. I love how it turned out.
Most of all-I love my Mom!

3 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Your mom sounds like such a great woman~your layout is a beautiful tribute. Happy Birthday to the both of you! Blessings~

Nicecrane Designs said...

Horayyyyy for your Mum,,,,,,take care of it,,,,,,Mine pass away only a few years ago,,,,,, I miss her,,,,,Mum are the best in your Life I am sure of it,,,great tribute.

~Antoinette (inspired stamps) said...

Karen,
What a wonderful story you have about your mom! Thank you for sharing it! I was blessed just to get to know her through your words!(and happy birthday to you both!) Thanks so much for joining us at Inspired Stamps for our 52 Weeks of Gratitude! We look forward to seeing what you do in the coming weeks, too!
Blessings,
Antoinette

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...