***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

It's all about you: Whimsical Girl


 First, I covered the canvas with pink tissue paper using mod podge. After it dried good, I rubbed Tim Holtz Antique photo distress ink over most of the canvas with a sponge.
2nd- I drew my girl's face and neck in my sketch book, colored it with Derwent colored pencils and cut it out.
3rd-I laid the face on my canvas to judge how big to cut the dress and wings.  My wings were cut out from a book.  I used Tacky glue to attach my pieces to the canvas.
4th-I painted her hair with brown acrylic paint.
5th-I stamped various words and music notes several places. I stamped the letters LOVE over her head.
6th-I embellished her -running tiny brown and lavender pearls in her hair, some lace around her neck and hair, flowers.
7th-sprayed her with 2 coats of fixitive.

I LOVE how she turned out.  FYI inside the heart I stamped "it's all about you"

My intention is to encourage young girls.  They are growing up with low self esteem thinking they have to be a certain way to receive love and acceptance.

Please pray for our youth.



3 comments:

Marisa Job said...

Wow! This canvas is beautiful!! You did a great job!!

Robyn said...

This piece is fantastic!! I so totally love it! I love her hair with the pearls in it. and the touch of Lace on her dress makes it! Great Job!

Lisa Minckler said...

Well gee willikers, what can I say..I LOVE THIS!!! Amazing work. This turned out spectacular. :)

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...