***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Word Art Wednesday Challenge

Want to inspire others using God's word?  Come join us!
The weekly Wednesday challenge is a featured verse of scripture.  Create whatever you like.  Doesn't have to be a card-as long as your using the scripture. 

Our sponsor this week is:  Whimsy Stamps
Be sure and check out their store.

The scripture this week:

Where he leads,
I will follow.  Ruth 1:16


After much prayer and 2 different designs, I was lead to rip designer paper, distress it and make it into a path leading into the mountains. I always want to follow the footsteps of Jesus. Wherever they lead. As you can see my path leads around the bend of the mountain-you can't see where you'll end up.  It's called FAITH.  Lots of times in life we have to just have faith and we'll always come out on the right side of the mountain.
The designer paper is Stampin Up.
I'm afraid it's not real fancy-just truthful! Have a blessed day!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I adore this piece, the mountains are my favorite place and where I feel close to the Lord. I'd really love to stand at the top of a mountain one day to feel just a step closer to Him. Torn paper is a favorite of mine as I like the texture it gives.

Thank you for sharing this, have a great day!

Tabitha said...

just stunning! Love the mountain and the stepping stones!

Jonia said...

Karen I love your card and this would also make a great canvas! Beautiful work and I believe so true as to what you said!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Karen - I love your card, too. i really hope that more people will play along in the challenge. By the way, I got my sewing machine for crafting at Big Lots (which used to be Pick and Save), it's a Brother brand and was only $50. If you see it at Big Lots, it SO worth the money. I've never had trouble with it and I sew on almost all my projects - paper, chipboard, felt, etc. I am looking forward to seeing how many people enter this week. Have a great one!
Blessings,
Karen L

Gemiel said...

Karen, this is beautiful!! Your art conveys the message so well. Love the torn paper.

Becky said...

What a great scene you created to go with this verse.

Wendy Swenne said...

I love the symbolism of the art piece you've made.

Victoria said...

Hi Karen, thanks for your kind words over on my blog :) I really like what you've created and could see the thinking straight away. I hope it speaks to other people in a similar way about the path to God.

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...