Skip to main content

Perfect Sentiments Challenge 13: Valentine's Day with a twist

Hope everyone is having a Happy New Year!  Nothing could be more fun than a new challenge in a new year!  I'm privileged to be a guest designer @ Perfect Sentiments.  They have a new challenge every Wednesday.  You have one week to post and winners are announced on Friday's.

Challenege:  Valentine's sentiment.  The twist is to use vellum in your card.

Here's my take on the challenge:


The vellum is under the red frame!  I embossed diamond embossing powder and then used a sponge to rub  red distress ink over top of it. The embossed area resists the ink & shows up even better.  Used dimensionals to pop up the sentiment.

Paper used: Road Show by Fancy Pants.
Stamp set: Recollections
Ink:  Tim Holtz Festive Berries

You can win an awesome prize too!  Our sponsor is: Eyelets Etc.

You can win Sheet of Vellum Stickers



Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be looking for your card!

9 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas

DecoArt new Premium Acrylic Mixed Media Paint Home Project

Recycling and creating something new has always been one of my favorite things to do.   The square "shadow box" I've been saving for quite some time and now have forgotten what came in it.  It's part of packaging. The initial C I purchased from Joanne's. The "shadowbox" had a couple of layers in the bottom. Gesso, white acrylic, dry brushed black, titan buff. I used a small round brush to paint in the lines.   The new Premium Acrylic paint leaves behind a satin finish.  Really nice. The background -which is a recycled 16x20 canvas coated in white gesso, was painted with Americana Deep Burgundy. Once dry, I dry brushed some Titan Buff (Premium acrylic) randomly. I painted the C in black premium acrylic.  Glued it to the bottom right corner of the shadowbox with tacky glue. I used a whie Posca pen to write my favorite verse around the edges of the shadowbox.  I used Tacky glue and hot glue to adhere the flowers.  I like to use both. Hot glue helps it sti…