Skip to main content

Perfect Sentiments Challenge 15

Love-Love-Love this challenge!!  Using a birthday sentiment-you need to do some resist embossing.

I've taken a shot of the plain paper showing my first couple of steps.  I Embossed the paper using SU dots. Rubbed Versa Mark on top and heat embossed dazzlin diamonds.  The I took my sponge and rubbed distress ink over the entire page.  As you can see-the ink doesn't stain where the heat embossing has been done.  It's one of my favorites!  Altering paper.

 Then I took it a step further.  I die cut a leaf & used the pattern to ink on top of it all. As you can tell-where the original heat embossing was-the image resisted more.

I embossed my sentiment with Dazzling Diamonds & then heat embossed again with black embossing powder. cut it out using scissors with a little scallop.  Outlined it with the bigger scalloped edges.
The Butterfly was die cut Stampin Up die. I used 2 layers of paper & one layer of vellum.  Still have the vellum challenge in my blood!  I attached them using a brad.


VIOLA!  My finished card.  I love it!
Hope you'll be inspired to join the challenge.  We have a wonderful prize from My Little Somethings







        I'm looking forward to seeing what YOU create!










9 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas

DecoArt new Premium Acrylic Mixed Media Paint Home Project

Recycling and creating something new has always been one of my favorite things to do.   The square "shadow box" I've been saving for quite some time and now have forgotten what came in it.  It's part of packaging. The initial C I purchased from Joanne's. The "shadowbox" had a couple of layers in the bottom. Gesso, white acrylic, dry brushed black, titan buff. I used a small round brush to paint in the lines.   The new Premium Acrylic paint leaves behind a satin finish.  Really nice. The background -which is a recycled 16x20 canvas coated in white gesso, was painted with Americana Deep Burgundy. Once dry, I dry brushed some Titan Buff (Premium acrylic) randomly. I painted the C in black premium acrylic.  Glued it to the bottom right corner of the shadowbox with tacky glue. I used a whie Posca pen to write my favorite verse around the edges of the shadowbox.  I used Tacky glue and hot glue to adhere the flowers.  I like to use both. Hot glue helps it sti…