***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Perfect Sentiments Challenge 15

Love-Love-Love this challenge!!  Using a birthday sentiment-you need to do some resist embossing.

I've taken a shot of the plain paper showing my first couple of steps.  I Embossed the paper using SU dots. Rubbed Versa Mark on top and heat embossed dazzlin diamonds.  The I took my sponge and rubbed distress ink over the entire page.  As you can see-the ink doesn't stain where the heat embossing has been done.  It's one of my favorites!  Altering paper.

 Then I took it a step further.  I die cut a leaf & used the pattern to ink on top of it all. As you can tell-where the original heat embossing was-the image resisted more.

I embossed my sentiment with Dazzling Diamonds & then heat embossed again with black embossing powder. cut it out using scissors with a little scallop.  Outlined it with the bigger scalloped edges.
The Butterfly was die cut Stampin Up die. I used 2 layers of paper & one layer of vellum.  Still have the vellum challenge in my blood!  I attached them using a brad.


VIOLA!  My finished card.  I love it!
Hope you'll be inspired to join the challenge.  We have a wonderful prize from My Little Somethings







        I'm looking forward to seeing what YOU create!










8 comments:

Sassy said...

Beautiful! Awesome colors! Great job, Karen!

Tabitha said...

It turned out gorgeous!

Ashley said...

This is stunning! I love the colors and how you created the card - it's gorgeous. :)

Ashley

Parables of a Crafter said...

You should love this....it's beautiful!! I really love how you walk through your steps and explain everything, it can really help others with understanding how you make your creations! Excellent card this week!!

febe said...

Pretty colors and design. Wonderful card.

builders

Scrappin Abby said...

Beautiful card Karen..I really like how you showed your creative process along the way :)

Jennipher said...

Your card turned out lovely! Just lovely. Your blog is only showing one post at a time so I had to go into the archives to see this one. Not sure if you want it that way or not so I thought I would let you know.

Margaret said...

Fantastic work on the embossing. Beautiful card.

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...