***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #7

Word Art Wednesday challenge is always focused on scripture.  With Christmas coming up this scripture is so perfect.  Glory to God is what we need to be focusing on in our preparation of this wonderful holiday. We're celebrating our Lord's birth!  God shared His most precious son with us. How he loves us!

It took me several days-drying time to create mine on canvas.  I used mod podge and layered ripped pieces of wall paper for the background.  Around the bottom right edge I added some ripped pages of a french dictionary.
Distressed my scripture cutout and added it next.  Cut out LOVE and the large heart with my cricut. Started stamping around the edges using Tim Holtz Vintage photo & berry distress ink.  Lastly I added 3 vintage buttons.

I love the finished project.  I have a frame ready for it. After Christmas-it's going up on my wall @ work for inspiration.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen, this is beautiful!! I love the intricate heart and the colors. It does take awhile for things to dry, what I do to speed things up is I heat set it. I keep it far enough away so it doesn't burn or lift things up off the page. Sometimes it will give little bubbles if I have it to close and I am ok with that as I like the added texture.

Have a great day!

Dad24treasures said...

Beautiful, Karen!

Just stopping by to say hello to my fellow WAW DT members :)I, too, hope to be a cancer survivor -- currently on that journey right now. Looking forward to getting to know you better on the team :)

Wendy Swenne said...

Hi Karen,

Lovely canvas you've made. And I am looking forward of what you are creating as a (fellow) DT of WAW!

Have a blessed Christmas,

Wendy

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...