Skip to main content

Fall Stencil love with Rebecca Baer


Warning!! Picture heavy! Well-just 6 of them!! LOL

I totally LOVE how this card turned out and wanted to share each step with you.

 

 I started with 140lb Strathmore watercolor paper and embossed the sentiment and scarecrow with black embossing powder.  Colored it in with watercolors.

 Did detailing of coloring on the scarecrow.

 I applied DecoArt Texture paste using Rebecca Baer's Moroccan Tile and Vine stencil ST-604b (size 5.75x5.75) and allowed to completely dry.

 To finish, I used faber castell gelatos in red first-blending in with my finger in an oval on the outside of the figure and then brown on top.

 Here's a close up of the stencil pattern!! Gorgeous!!



 I hope you'll go over to Rebecca Baer's website and do some shopping for your own stencils.  They add character and pizazz to every design!!



Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas

DecoArt new Premium Acrylic Mixed Media Paint Home Project

Recycling and creating something new has always been one of my favorite things to do.   The square "shadow box" I've been saving for quite some time and now have forgotten what came in it.  It's part of packaging. The initial C I purchased from Joanne's. The "shadowbox" had a couple of layers in the bottom. Gesso, white acrylic, dry brushed black, titan buff. I used a small round brush to paint in the lines.   The new Premium Acrylic paint leaves behind a satin finish.  Really nice. The background -which is a recycled 16x20 canvas coated in white gesso, was painted with Americana Deep Burgundy. Once dry, I dry brushed some Titan Buff (Premium acrylic) randomly. I painted the C in black premium acrylic.  Glued it to the bottom right corner of the shadowbox with tacky glue. I used a whie Posca pen to write my favorite verse around the edges of the shadowbox.  I used Tacky glue and hot glue to adhere the flowers.  I like to use both. Hot glue helps it sti…