***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Monday, May 30, 2016

Flower Fantasy Canvas with Rebecca Baer

Happy Monday!
Karen Conner here again showcasing Rebecca Baer Stencils.
This mixed media canvas ix 16x20.
 One tip I'd like to start with is the brush you use to do your stenciling.
I've done a lot of stenciling, have used a lot of brushes and sponges. The best one I've EVER USED is Rebecca Baers Artiste Stenciler. You don't have to scrub and rub till you ruin your brush. You will use the lightest touch and get the most excellent results!  You have to order one TODAY!
I covered the whole canvas with Deco Art Traditions Medium White.  (compared to Titanium white-it's almost a sand color)  then I started stenciling using the LG Enchanted Vine and Yellow Oxide.  I used just the part with the fence part. I kept turning and moving the stencil until I had covered the whole canvas.
 I got out my next stencil (my favorite) Lg Dragonfly Fantasy stencil using Sapphire blue. You can use the front and reverse side of the stencil. Since your using the great Artiste Stenciler from Rebecca Baer-the paint practically dries as soon as it's put on the canvas!  I due a little circling after lifting my stencil to soften the edges out.
 Using Naphtol Red I free handed the flower.
 To add interest and texture to the flower, I stenciled some Deco Art modeling paste through Rebecca Baer's small stencil Honeycomb and allowed to dry.

 I put a layer of Burnt Umber, then a layer of Naphtol Red. Highlighted the top edges with Medium White.  The center painted Yellow Oxide. I dotted some Medium White on the top edge of the middle honeycomb.  The flower turned out AWESOME!

 I really love using stencils to get movement and interest on my canvas. The backgrounds can be done anyway you want.  I hope you'll be inspired to combine several stencils into one picture!


No comments:

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...