Skip to main content

Scleroderma Tags for RRR Challenge #121



I have a friend that has a chronic disease that is very painful.
Scleroderma (skleer-oh-DUR-muh) is a group of rare diseases that involve the hardening and tightening of the skin and connective tissues — the fibers that provide the framework and support for your body.

She saw my breast cancer tag and wanted some with the color that represents Scleroderma. That color is teal.  In the photos, the ribbon looks blue-but it's teal.

I had a lot of fun going back and doing some mixed media today!  I've shared some of my process with you.




I started with 4x6 chipboard. I coated it in Deco Art Gesso, then added a layer of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic in Cobalt Turquoise Hue. It was a little dark, so using the brayer, I added a coat of Titanium White and then dabbed off with a damp paper towel. Left a nice color and texture.
 Then I got my lace stamp out from Stampin Up and stamped in Black Archival Ink.
Then I used some watered down Americana Light Buttermilk acrylic paint and flicked some on top tapping a paint brush.
 I wasn't done yet!!  I had to use a stencil!  I used Americana Dark Chocolate acrylic paint and lightly applied thru the Burning Rubber stencil from DecoArt's Andy Skinner.
 Then I embellished!!  Teal ribbon, string pearls, a cute digital image of the bear (colored with Stampin up watercolor pencils) I added Glossy accents to the ribbon.  Cut the love with my cricut.  I think that's about it!  I love how they turned out.

 I'm entering Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge: #121 pretty bows theme and
Paper Artsy Challenge: Stencils

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Happy Birthday with Paper Artsy stamps/masking

I was inspired by the current challenge at Paper Artsy-masking.  I've created this card using a different kind of masking. I brayed paint onto my gelli plate and this pushed the Paper Artsy flower stamps into the paint. Then I pulled the print. Wow!! The stamp pulled the paint off creating a negative space. I hightlighted the stamps with watercolor pencils. Did some additional stamping with Paper Artsy vine, then stamped The Happy Birthday sentiment from Stampin Up.  Added 3 die cut flowers on top with dimensional s to finish the card. I LOVE how it turned out!! I hope this inspires you!!!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas