***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Mi-xed Media-texture-depth-dimension


I hope you're having a great week.  I wanted to share with you one of my newest projects.
I did the hearts separately from the canvas and added them for dimension using large dots on the back to raise them off the canvas.
I started with some 140lb watercolor paper. I did a coat of DecoArt gesso on top.
Using DecoArt decoupage for fabric I glued down some lace, washi tape and book page. Allow to dry.  Then I took some distress stains and pounced them on top. Use your heat gun to dry some of it, but I also dabbed some off with a paper towel.  Gives you different shades.
 I dripped some water on there and dabbed off to get more dimension.  I used a sponge and added some walnut distress ink to edges.  The little heart I stamped a design on it.  I love how all of them turned out.
 On the 12x12 canvas itself, I added some sealer over a stencil before inking in some spots (the diamond shapes). I added some texture paste thru DecoArt doily stencil in various places.  After applying the same colors of inks to the canvas, I rubbed some DecoArt Metallic wax (gold) on top of the raised areas of the doily.  I layered some lace, washi tape and book pages to the canvas too. Love all the texture!!

Went around the edge of the canvas with black gelato. Rub it in with your finger.
 When complete, I sealed the top with spray varnish-gives a glossy finish.  I love it!!

No comments:

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...