***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Journaling with AP and DecoArt

Hope you are having a blessed month of January!
This month Altered Pages has partnered with DecoArts.
Such a great pairing!! Both have loads of products to use for any crafting projects you may be making.  I've just started art journaling and combining products and seeing what works together the best is so much fun!!
I've used Altered Pages Collage sheet "Heart of my Hearts" coupled with
DecoArts Chalky Paints, Metallic Wax, Satin Varnish.

 Below: I stenciled the keys on using texture paste. Allow to dry. Applied Rustic Chalky Finish paint over the whole page. Using a brush, I highlighted the keys with beige Chalky Finish paint, some of the Metallic Wax in gold and brown. Outlined all the keys with black watercolor pencil and smeared it with a watercolor brush pen. Final step:  Mixed together varnish and rustic paint over the whole page. Wrote in my thoughts using a white gel pen.
 Both pages were prepped with white gesso. The left side I did a wash with the mix of varnish and rustic chalky paint. The two red hearts were stenciled on with texture paste. Colored with DecoArt Rouge Chalky Finish paint. The Altered Pages collage sheet was cut and added with DecoArt decoupage for paper. I went around the hearts and the printed words with black and red watercolor pencil. Blend it in with the watercolor brush pen.  Stamped various stamps around the page with Black Archival ink to finish it off.


Other Altered Pages supplies:
white gel pen
Watercolor brush pen
Black Archival Ink
texture paste
Watercolor pencils
Gesso

DecoArt Supplies:
Chalky Finish paint
Vintage keys stencil
Satin Varnish
Metallic Wax
Paper Decopauge

Stash:
various background stamps

I hope you like my pages.  I sure had fun doing them!!  The bible study I'm in is His Kingdom Come.  If your interested in growing deeper with our Lord and Savior-join me -HERE. There are lots of groups you might be interested in.


 

No comments:

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...