***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Altered Book cover Challenge

I was inspired by the challenge at Eclectic Paperie this month.
They are altering books.  I've never made one.  Thought I'd give it a go.
I love how it turned out.  I'm still gluing and adding gesso to the inside pages.
 This started as DCWV Rustic paper stack. I stenciled modeling paste mixed with raw umber using Royal Inspirations Stencils by Retta Arrows and Spears. Once it was dry, I added clear glitter glue to give it a shimmer.  I hot glued pink tulle around the die cut flourish, then layered a couple of paper flowers I cut with the same paper line and added a gem in the centers.
 I printed my scripture on my computer-sprayed with varnish-then glued down.  I outlined it with a black water color pencil, then a brown marker to smear it in.

I used scripture from Rev 9:7a.  It really speaks to me on how I need to put God first always. Good circumstances and bad.  The scripture is part of Triple The Scraps Bible Study.

I'm also entering this into Word Art Wednesday Challenge #125. Anything goes this week.  I urge you to check out their blog.  Every week they have free word art for you to use.

I hope my book will inspire you to give it a try.



 

6 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

SO pretty, and creative as always. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely art in our challenge, Karen.
Be blessed,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

Thank you SO much for playing along with the ePlay Challenge!! I love your book - the modeling paste looks SO pretty and the glitter on top - SO smart - I am going to have to use that idea!! Thank you for the inspriation!!

Tracy said...

Oh my giddy aunt Karen its beeeautiful...brilliant work!
Thank you so much for joining us over at eclectic Paperie, good luck.
Big hugs
Tracy xxxx

Retta said...

As always, artistic and creative and fun. Love ya!!!

Susan M said...

This is so beautiful and creative and the scripture is wonderful, love the font!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous work, Karen! The Scripture verse is wonderful and I love all the details! :o)

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...