Skip to main content

My help comes from the Lord

Scripture Lesson #3 with Patter Cross
reminds me that even though I go thru trials and times of trouble-God is always with me.
 
We all have our times of trials. The question is what do we do during those times?
I know I call friends and family to discuss it, sometimes asking for prayer.
My first step should be to go to my God. He's the one that can get me thru it.
 
I've used a 11x14 piece of canvas paper. Used gelatos to create the sky, applied modeling paste thru a stencil to get the "rays".  Hand wrote some of the words that describe My God.  The flowers are al the good things he provides: peace, love, joy, comfort, strength...the list goes on and on.
 
 The scripture I used on my piece is
Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. 

Below I was trying to show the rays of goodness, mercy & love that pour down from God.
The song lyrics "I lift my eyes up -my help comes from the Lord" really spoke to me.

I'm sharing this at Word Art Wednesday. My dear friend Karen is a great woman of God. She shares his word weekly.  I hope you'll also go to her blog and check it out.


5 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Happy Birthday with Paper Artsy stamps/masking

I was inspired by the current challenge at Paper Artsy-masking.  I've created this card using a different kind of masking. I brayed paint onto my gelli plate and this pushed the Paper Artsy flower stamps into the paint. Then I pulled the print. Wow!! The stamp pulled the paint off creating a negative space. I hightlighted the stamps with watercolor pencils. Did some additional stamping with Paper Artsy vine, then stamped The Happy Birthday sentiment from Stampin Up.  Added 3 die cut flowers on top with dimensional s to finish the card. I LOVE how it turned out!! I hope this inspires you!!!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas