Skip to main content

"Who" loves Owls?

This box started life as a Clark's Shoe Box.
 
I gesso inside and out.
The outside I then painted a cream color.
Got my stencils out and went to work!
 
I sponged Traditions acrylic paint and Ranger distress paint.
Don't forget to turn your stencil over & press the opposite side down for
a really cool look too!
 I hand drew my owls, tree limb and leaves and paper pieced them onto my box. Used gelatos and watered down burnt umber paint to go around the edges.  Used Liquitex Matte Medium gel to glue everything down. (I need to own stock in that company-I use so much of that stuff!! LOL)
When done, seal the box with either more matte medium or spray varnish.
Can you see my Paper Artsy stamps in the background?  I love altering boxes.  Makes a nice gift or a great way to store everyday items.  I hope your inspired to try it!

I'm entering in the Sarah Hurley Challenge and Simon Says Stamp where you have to create your own background.
Entering The Artistic Stamper challenge where anything goes!
 
2 comments

Popular posts from this blog

DecoArt Americana Paint is best for Gelli Prints

I love making gelli prints.  I've used a variety of types of paints.  The best I've found is DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints.  The consistency of the paint is perfect for spreading on the gelli plate. 
 On all the background gelli prints I used DecoArt Jacobean Floral stencil and the following Americana paint: Autumn Red, Antique Rose, Cadmium Yellow, and Moon Yellow. I changed which order I was putting them on the plate. This first one I embellished with Unity Stamps I'm so Happy and Ribbon by Really Reasonable Ribbon.  New Dawn Rooster by Unity Stamps and Wild Orchid Flowers.

 This last card-you can really tell how using numerous gelli prints together is like having matching designer paper!!  Except you created it yourself! The sentiment is from Unity Stamps, flowers from Wild Orchid and Flourishes. I hope you're inspired to design your own cards. Everyone loves getting a handmade card!
Entering the following challenges:Mojo Monday challenge 464-last card is usi…

Happy Birthday with Paper Artsy stamps/masking

I was inspired by the current challenge at Paper Artsy-masking.  I've created this card using a different kind of masking. I brayed paint onto my gelli plate and this pushed the Paper Artsy flower stamps into the paint. Then I pulled the print. Wow!! The stamp pulled the paint off creating a negative space. I hightlighted the stamps with watercolor pencils. Did some additional stamping with Paper Artsy vine, then stamped The Happy Birthday sentiment from Stampin Up.  Added 3 die cut flowers on top with dimensional s to finish the card. I LOVE how it turned out!! I hope this inspires you!!!

Christmas Canister-Recycled with Deco Art

I had a small coffee canister and immediately knew I had to alter it! Does that happen to you? I used some new products from Deco Arts. Their Metallic Wax Finish covered the slick surface of the canister. See the tutorial at the end of the post. Want to get in on a challenge with some prizes?? Check it out at Party Time Tuesdays!
**I tried several adhesives in order to glue down embellishments on this wax product. E6000 is the only one that I finally got to work.