Skip to main content

Paper Artsy Challenge with Liz Borer

 I tried to follow the biggest part of her steps on my tags.  Since I don't have any of their paints, I embossed a lot of the stamping.  The hearts, outline of the boxes and sentiment were in black.  You can't see it in the pictures, but I also stamped the vine with hearts and then embossed it with clear. 
 Paper Artsy stamp set used EDY01 Eclectica by Darcy.  I loved it the minute I saw it!  I look forward to making even more projects with it.
 I did both tags side by side-just proof that you end up with different results!!  I knew I needed a baby tag-so I added some yellow with the barn door red.


Products used:
Prima flowers
Paper Artsy Stamp sets: Follow Your Heart & Garden of Dreams
Crafty Individuals stamp set CI-292
Unity Stamp artistic brick
Tim Holtz distress paint: mustard seed and barn door and picket fence
Wild Orchid doily
stazon black
Apple Barrel Antique White
Momento London Fog
Tim Holtz distress marker: vintage photo, worn lipstick and wild honey
Stampin Up dimensionals
Seam binding
Stampin up yellow ribbon
Black sharpie
Walnut distress ink
5 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas

DecoArt new Premium Acrylic Mixed Media Paint Home Project

Recycling and creating something new has always been one of my favorite things to do.   The square "shadow box" I've been saving for quite some time and now have forgotten what came in it.  It's part of packaging. The initial C I purchased from Joanne's. The "shadowbox" had a couple of layers in the bottom. Gesso, white acrylic, dry brushed black, titan buff. I used a small round brush to paint in the lines.   The new Premium Acrylic paint leaves behind a satin finish.  Really nice. The background -which is a recycled 16x20 canvas coated in white gesso, was painted with Americana Deep Burgundy. Once dry, I dry brushed some Titan Buff (Premium acrylic) randomly. I painted the C in black premium acrylic.  Glued it to the bottom right corner of the shadowbox with tacky glue. I used a whie Posca pen to write my favorite verse around the edges of the shadowbox.  I used Tacky glue and hot glue to adhere the flowers.  I like to use both. Hot glue helps it sti…