***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, December 27, 2013

Memory Box Dies with Gelatos


I hope you and your family had a great Christmas!
 
1 wanted to share some Memory Box die cuts today.
Here's a few that I have.  They are so intricate.  They turn out so well!
 Here's a gift bag project I did.  Started by mixing some blue ink with some medium modeling paste.
Smeared over top of a brick wall stencil and allowed to dry overnight.
 Using Faber Castel gelatos, I colored in between the brick with a paintbrush.
 I dabbed some yellow and gold gelatos on most of the flower frame die cut.  Blended with my paintbrush.
 I printed a FREE digital print from Graphic Fairy.
 To adhere my pieces, I used Scrap Dots under the digital image after I fussy cut it.  I used Scotch quick dry glue on the other pieces.
 You can see the dimension of the scrap dots on this side shot.  I love how it raises it as high as you like. 
 I used the gelatos to make my letters. I rubbed the gelatos directly on the foam letters and then dabbed it lightly onto a damp paper towel.  The water helps activate the colors.  I stamped it directly onto the bag.
Here's my finished bag.  I tied some lace and ribbon onto the handle to finish it off.
I hope you like it.  I LOVE how it turned out!

Thanks for stopping by today!! Have a blessed Friday!

1 comment:

Lisa Minckler said...

Wonderful vintage flair to this and knowing that you painted with gelatos is fabulous. The brick background highlights the baby perfectly! It's a beautiful gift in itself Karen.

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...