***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Monday, August 27, 2012

Cinderella goes to the ball

 I started my canvas by applying a thin coat of gesso so I could water wash the colors. I used a lot of water and painted blue on the top and green on the bottom.
 Next, I wanted clouds. I cut one out from DP-it was the wrong color.  I grabbed my handy sponge.
 I started sponging blue ink around the cut out & layered -staggered & repeated.
 I used a grass stamp & stamped some on the bottom of the canvas.
 I had bought some punch out sheets from my Stampin Up Demonstrator last year.  She didn't remember the name.  I punched everything out & started layering them on my table to get an idea of how I wanted to lay them on the canvas.
I distressed the carriage and horses so they'd show up better.  Aren't the trees cute? They were punched out too.
All the pieces were applied to the canvas with mod podge.
At the very end I sprinkled glitter onto the mod podge.
I love how it turned out.  My 8 month old Granddaughter is going to love it when she gets a little older.


1 comment:

Sassy said...

Awesome, Karen! Those clouds are fantastic!!!

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...