***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

PSC36: Father's Day Color Story

I know you are going to want to do the challenge we have this week @ Perfect Sentiments Challenge.  Father's Day is this weekend and you are going to need a card.


It's easy:  Create a card with a Father's Day Sentiment on the FRONT
and use the provided color story as inspiration for the design of your card




Father's-Day-Color-Story 
Here's my card:
 My favorite technique is distressing.  I scrubbed the edges of the background paper with my scissors & even made a little cut in the upper right corner.  I sponged distress ink around the edges of piece I added.  I made a "postcard" for the next layer using my Paris stamp set, then added a "stamp" I cut out from the Sunday paper a while back.  Made my tag with my sentiment. 
 I found this poem on the internet & printed it for the inside of my card. 
 Here's a close up of the silver metal tag I stamped on, tied it to the twine & then added my Father's Day sentiment.  

You know we have a very talented Design Team.  They are each listed on the left sidebar.  We have 2 guest designer's that I hope you'll visit and welcome.  

If you participate in our challenge and link your card up @ Perfect Sentiments challenge  you might win a FREE IMAGE from our sponsor or be chosen as the top 3 favorites for the week.

Our sponsor:
http://www.shellysimages.com/web2/index.php  
 Thanks for stopping by.  I look forward to seeing what you make! 
~Karen C

6 comments:

Sassy said...

What a beauty, Karen! Love all the distressing and blend of colors.

Unknown said...

Oh Karen, love the muted colors and vintage feel you've created to go with the beautiful poem inside!

Marisa Job said...

Great Fathers Day Card!!! Love the distress look!!

jan farnworth said...

very nicely done karen.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! You have a gift for distressing that's for sure!! I especially enjoyed your poem on the inside, it really makes this very special!

Scrappin Abby said...

Beautiful card Karen..love the layering, distressing & vintage feel of this lovely creation : )

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...