***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, December 16, 2011

Happiness Always PSC11 & PPA124

The Challenge: Create a card that reflects an "Anniversary" sentiment.
The Twist: Use the following photo as inspiration for your card. You can be inspired by the colors, textures, whatever suits your fancy.








 I inked the edges of the lace with Tim Holtz vintage photo ink.  The sentiment happiness always is from stampin  up. Flowers are prima with a tiny brad in the center.
 I embossed this piece of black cardstock & then used my Stampin Up Sander to sand the pattern to get.
 I colored this piece of chipboard with Tim Holtz vintage photo ink.  Didn't try to cover it solid-I like the light & dark spots.
Voila! My finished card. I wanted soft & romantic. I can't seem to do that! I love the vintage feel.

I also used the sketch from Pals Paper Arts Challenge #124

8 comments:

Samantha said...

flowers and lace you can't get much more romantic. your card is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at the Perfect Sentiment.

Linda Callahan said...

So pretty! Love the flourish!

Jennipher said...

Wow Karen. I'm blown away. This is absolutely gorgeous. Fabulous interpretation of the challenge. Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment.

jan farnworth said...

love the colors and all the details thanks for joining us at the perfect sentiment.

Sassy said...

The colors are gorgeous! Love all the layers and technique used to create this beauty. Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment.

Margaret said...

Absolutely lovely! I love vintage looks and you did a great job with the challenge.

Nina Dee said...

What a fabulous interpretation of the sketch! I love the flourish and flowers! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts! :)

Sarah Bennett said...

Great card. I love how you distressed the embossed layer. Nice job on this weeks challenge! Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment.

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...