Skip to main content

Faith/Hope/Love Mixed Media Canvas

I am super excited to share my first post as a Design Team member for Rebecca Baer!!
I've used several of her beautiful stencils on this mixed media canvas along with her specially designed stenciler brush.
 I started out with a 16x20 canvas that I paint with lots of white and burnt umber tones. I divided the canvas into rectangles using washi tape and painters tape and painted solid blocks of red and brown.
 Then I got out my stencils! Today I've combined four different stencils using the stenciler.
 As I moved the stencils around the canvas, only using sections of some of the stencils, but the whole stencil in some areas, I repeated the main colors. Some area were overlapped with multiple stencils. Some area after the paint had dried, I added some Metallic Lustre in matching colors in random areas.
Rebecca's Stenciler does such an awesome job allowing you get get a crisp image from the stencil.
 Once I was happy with my layout, I used some background stencils from my stash with some Black Archival ink and dabbed in random areas. This is how you start bringing the whole canvas together. I even did some dabbing with bubble wrap and white paint.
 After deciding what inspirational words I'd use, I cut Faith, Hope and Love with my Cricut. To add more dimension and variety, I used the negative to do more stenciling with white paint on top of the words.
 I attached the cut out words with Matte Medium. Went around the letters with burnt umber and black to highlight them. To tone down the white paper, I painted on top of the words with a mix of white paint and Rose Gold Metallic Lustre.


 I'm already displaying my finished piece on my mantle! I love how it turned out.  I hope you'll be inspired to layer your stencils and mix them up!

Rebecca Baer Stencils Used:
Dragonfly Fantasy/Large
Flights of Fancy/Large
Paisley Garden/small
Jamboree/small

Deco Art Products:
Traditions Acrylic Paint
Burnt Umber
Yellow Oxide
Hansa Yellow Medium
Titanium White
Blue Grey
Natphrhol Red

Metallic Lustre
Rose Gold
Orange Flicker
Iced Expresso
Radiant Red

Americana Acrylic Sealer/gloss
Matte Medium

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DecoArt Americana Paint is best for Gelli Prints

I love making gelli prints.  I've used a variety of types of paints.  The best I've found is DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints.  The consistency of the paint is perfect for spreading on the gelli plate. 
 On all the background gelli prints I used DecoArt Jacobean Floral stencil and the following Americana paint: Autumn Red, Antique Rose, Cadmium Yellow, and Moon Yellow. I changed which order I was putting them on the plate. This first one I embellished with Unity Stamps I'm so Happy and Ribbon by Really Reasonable Ribbon.  New Dawn Rooster by Unity Stamps and Wild Orchid Flowers.

 This last card-you can really tell how using numerous gelli prints together is like having matching designer paper!!  Except you created it yourself! The sentiment is from Unity Stamps, flowers from Wild Orchid and Flourishes. I hope you're inspired to design your own cards. Everyone loves getting a handmade card!
Entering the following challenges:Mojo Monday challenge 464-last card is usi…

Happy Birthday with Paper Artsy stamps/masking

I was inspired by the current challenge at Paper Artsy-masking.  I've created this card using a different kind of masking. I brayed paint onto my gelli plate and this pushed the Paper Artsy flower stamps into the paint. Then I pulled the print. Wow!! The stamp pulled the paint off creating a negative space. I hightlighted the stamps with watercolor pencils. Did some additional stamping with Paper Artsy vine, then stamped The Happy Birthday sentiment from Stampin Up.  Added 3 die cut flowers on top with dimensional s to finish the card. I LOVE how it turned out!! I hope this inspires you!!!

Christmas Canister-Recycled with Deco Art

I had a small coffee canister and immediately knew I had to alter it! Does that happen to you? I used some new products from Deco Arts. Their Metallic Wax Finish covered the slick surface of the canister. See the tutorial at the end of the post. Want to get in on a challenge with some prizes?? Check it out at Party Time Tuesdays!
**I tried several adhesives in order to glue down embellishments on this wax product. E6000 is the only one that I finally got to work.