***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, November 1, 2013

Decorate Pilar Christmas Candles


There are several ways you can decorate a candle. 
Using Archival ink, stamp your image/sentiment onto tissue paper.
You can color your image.  I used markers and gelatos with a paint brush.
In the past I've also colored with pencils. Even though the tissue paper is delicate, it's amazing how well you can color it without ripping it.
Cut it out as close as possible.
 lay the image onto your candle and cover it with a piece of was paper. You want the waxy side facing the candle.  Heat it with heat gun and it magically melts the tissue paper into the candle!
I love doing this-amazes me every time!!
 I tried stamping directly onto the candle with a word stamp and brown archival ink.  It ended up smearing off. I think it was the finish on my candle?  I ended up taking a paper towel and wiping it off.   The candle on the left is the sentiment and image (cut two different pieces) and melted them on.
 The I took minimal embellishments and added to them.  I was really fun.
 Use buttons, ribbon, flowers, lace, cardstock-whatever you want!


You can find the supplies: cardstock, archival ink, distress ink, prima flowers, lace, trim, Kaiser Craft and Graphic 45 Christmas designer papers, ribbon at our store.  Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium  PRICES ARE DISCOUNTED DAILY 20-25%

Hope you have a fabulous Friday!!

 

2 comments:

Blue Lily Design said...

oooo Karen, these are beautiful! I love them all. Very nice and creative.

Have a great day!

Tracy said...

Your decorated candles are beautiful.
These would make wonderful gifts

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...