***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, October 25, 2013

Altered Box-Vintage Style


Happy Friday!!!
This week has flown by!  I hope you've had a creative one.
 
One of my most favorite things to do is alter boxes.
I start by painting the edges-which in this case end up covered pretty good.  I used Tim Holtz vintage photo distress paint-it comes in a dabber bottle.  Works so well to go around edges.
Since the box top covers the bottom of the box-you don't want to put designer paper on the bottom edges-the box won't shut properly.  So the paper is only on the bottom
 
I collaged the top of the box.  Ripped pieces approximately 2x2 size.  Liquitex matt medium will glue is all down nicely.  Then is sprayed some  brown spritzer..

 

I had this wonderful trim from my stash.  Been itching to use it!  Use your hot glue gun to attach it all the way around your edges.
The pic below shows the glass feet I put on when I'm finished-use hot glue or glossy accents.

 I started layering.   had a dress form that I had mod-podged and inked up that I put a safety pin in, a spell binders die cut that was heavily inked around the edges.  A Christmas ornament frame that I gesso and repainted to antique it up.  I have a photo of a vintage girl inside (from Nice Crane Designs). 
 and then flowers-several of them.  If I don't have the right color, I use watered down distress ink and paint brush and change the colors.  You can add stickles, distress inks, etc to doll them up.
The last flower I made with lace from my stash and a vintage button.
I hope this inspires you to take some plain and doll it up into a spectacular product! 

You can find the inks, paint dabbers, lace, prima flowers, designer paper, trims, glossy accents, and many more products at our store Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium.  The prices are 20-25% lower than retail EVERY DAY!!!!!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Marisa Job said...

This is just beautiful! Love all the pretty details!

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...