***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, September 20, 2013

Mixed Media with Stencils



I have a shirt that I've been wanting to duplicate in some way.  I love the colors and the design.


 I started with a 9x12 fiberboard.  I applied a layer of gesso and allowed to dry. I sprayed some inks-blues and greens, allow to dry a little and then blot with paper towel.  Allow to dry completely. Using stencils I sponged vintage photo over top in various places.
 To highlight my stencils, I used black fine tip pitt pen and white broad tip pitt pen to make lines and dots.  It didn't show up good at first, so I sealed the top with Liquitex Matte Gel and allowed to dry.

My gorgeous flower-I took a piece of mixed media paper and wiped up the excess inks on my mat, ran the paper thru my big shot using a stampin up flower die.  Layered them and put a bead in the middle.  The leaves were cut with a cricut cartridge and then I ink them up a bit to blend.
I printed my sentiment on the computer using different fonts. 
I love how it turned out.  The blues and greens swirling....Oh-to finish it off, I rubbed Traditions black paint around the edges.

I hope you'll be inspired to pull a design from something you like to wear!!
Have a fabulous Friday!!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really beautiful! I love the texture!

Marisa Job said...

Such a beautiful project! Love it!!

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...