Skip to main content

PaperArtsy Challenge


This week at PaperArtsy -France Papillon has a challenge going-Hearts
 This is a 5x7 canvas. I laid some cheesecloth over top the canvas and smeared modeling paste over it.  Pull the cheese cloth off and allow to dry completely.  Then I layered pigment ink over top with a makeup sponge. I did some stamping with stazon black ink with a script stamp.
I printed my sentiment -sprayed with varnish so the ink wouldn't smear-cut it out and adhered to the canvas with gel medium.  Doodle around the edges to blend into your canvas.
 Once the cheese cloth dried I hand cut a heart from it. Layered it with some ribbon, crochet flower and a pearl on top.


Since it's on a flat canvas, it can be displayed on an easel or put in a frame.
I love how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by & please leave a comment telling me what you think!
Have a blessed week.

9 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas

DecoArt new Premium Acrylic Mixed Media Paint Home Project

Recycling and creating something new has always been one of my favorite things to do.   The square "shadow box" I've been saving for quite some time and now have forgotten what came in it.  It's part of packaging. The initial C I purchased from Joanne's. The "shadowbox" had a couple of layers in the bottom. Gesso, white acrylic, dry brushed black, titan buff. I used a small round brush to paint in the lines.   The new Premium Acrylic paint leaves behind a satin finish.  Really nice. The background -which is a recycled 16x20 canvas coated in white gesso, was painted with Americana Deep Burgundy. Once dry, I dry brushed some Titan Buff (Premium acrylic) randomly. I painted the C in black premium acrylic.  Glued it to the bottom right corner of the shadowbox with tacky glue. I used a whie Posca pen to write my favorite verse around the edges of the shadowbox.  I used Tacky glue and hot glue to adhere the flowers.  I like to use both. Hot glue helps it sti…