Once Upon A Sketch-Beautiful & Original


I've been creating layouts for several days now! Once I get started-I can't stop!
Here is a layout from Dominican Republic.  Our cruise May 2012.

This was my favorite stop.  Because you see-the little town was for artists to live in.  They are self sufficient there.  They live, eat, create & sell their craft there.
I was so excited to even be in their presence!  They had a humble spirit about them.  I'm sure they are used to the "American's" gawking at them!
 For my background, I applied gesso to most of the paper and then stamped Memento Espresso truffle with a script stamp over the whole page.

I used a piece of cheese cloth on one corner and under the bottom picture the cheese cloth is stiff with modeling paste (I used it on a canvas to get texture). Tried making my flowers from crocheted bit, taffeta, antique metal buttons. Kind of fits the theme I thought.

 I'm entering the layout at Once Upon A Sketch. Their August theme is journaling. So I did it right on my page.  I like it!  Thanks for the jumping point!


6 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bohemian Elephant with DecoArt Stencil

Mixed Media Inspirational Card

Christmas Canister-Recycled with Deco Art