I sprayed some blue ink on my kraft mat and then spritzed some water on it, swished my paper thru it for the "water" on the bottom of my white 12x12 paper.
This background started white. I stamped light green pigment ink with a background stamp over the entire surface. Came back with black stazon ink and a script stamp. Was a little dark, so I swiped some gesso overtop the whole area with a palette knife.
This background: sponged using a clock stencil. Added some lime green tissue paper.
Fall is in the air! The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design! The did a fabulous job! They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones. Dry-brushing technique. The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.
We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!
Recycling and creating something new has always been one of my favorite things to do.
The square "shadow box" I've been saving for quite some time and now have forgotten what came in it. It's part of packaging. The initial C I purchased from Joanne's.
The "shadowbox" had a couple of layers in the bottom. Gesso, white acrylic, dry brushed black, titan buff. I used a small round brush to paint in the lines.
The new Premium Acrylic paint leaves behind a satin finish. Really nice.
The background -which is a recycled 16x20 canvas coated in white gesso, was painted with Americana Deep Burgundy. Once dry, I dry brushed some Titan Buff (Premium acrylic) randomly.
I painted the C in black premium acrylic. Glued it to the bottom right corner of the shadowbox with tacky glue.
I used a whie Posca pen to write my favorite verse around the edges of the shadowbox.
I used Tacky glue and hot glue to adhere the flowers. I like to use both. Hot glue helps it sti…