***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, July 5, 2013

Tutorial Drawing /then painting



Here's the top of a pizza box from one of our local pizza places. 


I noticed he had a handdrawn sign in his window-Frank's Pizza.  He's been in business for years and years.  He deserves a better sign.


I started with a piece of Acrylic 185 pd paper by Canson.  I used Tradition paints. 
painted the whole paper with Raw Sienna.
So-to get the lines in perspective, I drew a grid on the pizza top.  Then I lightly sketched the basic portion on top of my basecoat.
Painted the rest with Naphtol Red Light and Hansa Yellow mixed, made beige with Raw Umber, white and raw sienna. The dark areas were black and black and white.

When I liked what I had, I used a water brush and a mixture of Tsukineko Walnut Ink Antiquing solution in walnut and cornflower colors.

To get the words, I then hand drew them with a Zig Artist Sketch pen.

You can find most of these products at http://ididitcreations.com/club/

I love how it turned  out.  I hope Frank does!  Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...