***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, May 3, 2013

Unity Friends with Flair & OWSE



This started life as a tree. LOL
Then became cardboard.
Then became a wall hanging!
 I've used a variety of mediums. acrylic paint, distress ink, fabric paint, modeling paste, rub and buff, colored pencils.  Embellishments: button, twine, raffia, lace.

My image is from UNITY STAMP CO.  Her name is Angie girl and I love her!
I'll be entering Friends with Flair which they host every Friday.
My other main love is Crafting with OWSE
We have a art technique chat every Wednesday night.  I'll be teaching the technique every other week.  It's a great group of women.  I have learned so much!

Sentimental Sundays #152 is doing  Mixed Media this week!! 

I also want to give a huge shout out to Word Art Wednesday.  Challenge #78 is anything goes this week!  Go see what those talented ladies have done!

 I hope your enjoying your Friday!  I'm vacationing in my craft studio!! Loving it!


18 comments:

Ruby said...

This project is stunning.

Unknown said...

You have quite an original card there, very classy.
We love seeing what you have created and posted with us this week. Thank you!
Blessings
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Linda said...

wow this project is super.

SherylK said...

I love the colors and the warmth. I'm going to start with these journal art projects.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is just so pretty! Love that it is a wall hanging!

Gaylynn said...

Amazing wall art. Fabulous mixed media work. So so pretty. :)

Angeline Choo said...

stunning! i'd love to do this for my home too. TFS!

Kary said...

Karen, the background looks awesome, and likewise, the finished project. LOVE how everything just works together so well. Your colouring of the Angie girl is SO Lovely!! LOVE it!!

Julie Odil said...

What a great mixed media piece! Fantastic work.

Karen Letchworth said...

Very cool, Karen. Thanks for sharing with us in our challenge. I'd love to see more of your art shared, and hope you will be back soon.
I have your package going out tomorrow.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Olivia said...

Fantastic job. Love the combinations. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Laurie said...

love your creativeness, this project is wonderful!

Karen (karey2005) said...

Wow I love all the colors! I love the way you use the Angie girl stamp! TFS

JPScraps said...

This is fabulous!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Spectacular!!! Love how you did the before and after of your finished project. Love your layers, colors and embellishments. Wish I had classes in my area. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Tameko said...

Hi Karen,

This wall hanging is wonderful. Love all the rich colors and details. You have inspired me to pull out my Angie Girl stamps, and have a little mixed media fun. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

Tameko

Miwa said...

My first thought? "Oh, WOW!" What a magnificent piece you made! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgoeus!! I love how you colored the girl, I want to color like that just a gorgeous piece of artwork

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...