***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Thursday, March 28, 2013

***Online Art Auction***

First, my story:
I am a 7 year cancer survivor.

January 17, 2005 I was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma. Bone cancer in my right bottom jaw.  After being misdiagnosed for 6 months-I was relieved to find out what was wrong.
With a few weeks, the tumor had grown to the size of a base ball.  I couldn't eat (my teeth couldn't close)



Over the next 11 months, I took chemo treatments.  Every Tuesday my parents drove me 100 miles to Baptist Hospital and dropped me off.  Wednesday I'd have my treatment.  Thursday I'd have to take a recovery drug (prevented the chemo from killing me).  Friday, if my blood counts were good-I'd get to go home.

Tuesday-it started all over.  I did this for 11 months.

Thankfully, the tumor shrunk after 4-5 weeks of chemo.  I could eat soft foods again.
July 5th they did surgery and removed my right bottom jaw and replaced it with a bone from my leg.

Started chemo again. Celebrated all the holidays that year from the hospital.  I did make friends with my nurses, CNA's, doctors and one very special lady-Dana Dando.  God puts special people in our life just at the right time.  She was my life saver!

I walked out of the hospital 12/22/05-healed & cancer free!

When I got out of the hospital-I knew I wanted to help other cancer victims.  I started hearing from so many people-telling me of their loved ones that had cancer.  some are survivors-some are not.

I've been on a Relay For Life team ever since.

This year our walk will be 6/21/13 at the Franklin County High School.

I want to use the talent that God has blessed me with to raise money for this fantastic  fund raiser.  I have tons of online talented friends.  I knew they would help me.

If you'd be interested in helping, please let me know.  My email: kconner1961@yahoo.com

If you'd like to help with the auction-please let me know.

Just so you know this is up and up, here is the direct link to my Relay site where any monetary donations will be made.    

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/karenconner

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!




No comments:

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...