***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, May 4, 2012

National Scrapbook Blog Hop//PRIZES

My Perfect Sentiments team is hosting a blog hop from today 5/4/12 @ 6PM till Sunday 5/6/12 @ 6PM. There are going to be lots of inspiration/lots of prizes! 

This is a "card" challenge with a twist
My Sentiment is Happy Birthday. Sentiment has to be on front of card.
The twist: use vellum

I'm going to show you the new technique I learned from my Stampin Up Demonstrator. Vicki Cobler

I embossed the flower stamp on the front of the vellum with white embossing powder. The you TURN IT OVER & color it in with markers. It takes a lite hand.  Since the vellum is being backed by white cardstock-you can't even tell it;'s vellum.  It's attached in the four corners with a small adhesive dot. I covered the dot with a half back pearl.
Here's a side view of the embossed image.


What's a blog hop without prizes??  Here's a picture of what you'll win from ME if you
1.  become a follower of my blog
2.  follow my sentiment & twist requirements & add a comment with the link to your blog or website so I can see it.  Please include your email address so I can email you if your the winner.



Easy right?  It get's better!Each Perfect Sentiment design team member is hosting a card challenge with a twist - 10 card challenges to choose from.  Do one, some or all!

Want an opportunity to win the Grand Prize?  
Complete four (4) or more of the ten (10) individual challenges.  
Comment on the Blog Hop post on the Perfect Sentiment home page indicating the challenges you completed.  
Winner is via a random drawing.

We have lots of fun planned for you!

Here are our individual challenges:

Blog Hop Line-Up

Challenge/Twist


Jenn 
Scripture/Sentiment Focus
Abby 
All Occasion/Color 
Friendship/Vintage
Jan 
Friendship/Sketch 
Karen You are here!
Happy Birthday/Vellum
Thinking of You/Color 
Sam 
Invitation/Buttons 
Happy Whatever/Supply List
Just A Note/Sketch 
                     Anything Goes/Die Cut

**Please note I'm going on vacation 5/5/12 & won't have access to a computer till 5/14/12.  (I really wanted to participate & we thought you all would understand) I will draw for my prize 5/14/12.  I WILL visit each & every blog you enter so I can comment on your wonderful creations!

10 comments:

Tabitha said...

Love the colors you choose for your card.

Margaret said...

What a gorgeous image. You are really good with that vellum and markers. Beautiful card.

Unknown said...

Great card Karen - that is such a cool technique!

Carol L said...

Your pretty card inspired me to create a card using vellum too! I love the soft look of the flowers you colored so beautifully!

Here's a link to the card I made for your challenge. Please scroll, as I entered all the Perfect Sentiment challenge cards into one post :)

http://ourlittleinspirations.blogspot.com/2012/05/perfect-sentiments-blog-hop-cards.html

cbacres at comcast dot net

Rosie Gustafson said...

What a sweet card. I want to thank you for a great challenge, I have not used vellum in so long, it was nice to get some out! Here is my link to my card.

http://rosiegustafson.blogspot.com/2012/05/perfect-sentiment-nsd-challenges-all-10.html

Kathryn said...

Wow, that's a neat vellum technique. I'll be back another day to give it a try. Thanks for sharing! For now, here's a link to my birthday/vellum card:http://kathrynscards.blogspot.com/2012/05/karens-vellum-birthday-challenge.html

Kathryn said...

Wow, that's a neat vellum technique. I'll be back another day to give it a try. Thanks for sharing! For now, here's a link to my birthday/vellum card:http://kathrynscards.blogspot.com/2012/05/karens-vellum-birthday-challenge.html

Lela said...

Wow, neat technique. Mine wasn't quite so fancy, I just diecut the vellum. Great challenge, here's mine

http://lelacraftycorner.blogspot.com/2012/05/more-nsd-challenges.html

Unknown said...

Here's my Card:

http://jazilynnn.blogspot.com/2012/05/these-cards-i-made-with-my-mom-rosie.html

Becky said...

This is beautiful Karen. Love the colors.

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...