***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Monochromatic Challenge PSC28

This week was a real challenge for me! Monochromatic designing is something I've never tried. Not sure how successful I was really.

First-I want to share the definition with you:

Monochromatic color schemes are derived from a single base hue, and extended using its shades, tones and tints (that is, a hue modified by the addition of black, gray (black + white) and white. As a result, the energy is more subtle and peaceful due to a lack of contrast of hue. Monochromatic color schemes may be considered boring unless there is diversity within the design.

The second part of the challenge is to use a sentiment that let's someone know you are thinking of them.


I started with a digi image from our sponsor: Stitchy Bear Stamps -the oriental girl. I fussy cut her out and wanted red as my monochromatic color.  You are allowed to use neutrals as well.  My designer paper is from K&Co. I punched flowers -Martha Stewart punch. & the one butterfly is from Stampin Up diecut. I love the red with the oriental girl, just not sure if it's truly monochromatic enough. Will keep trying this challenging colorscheme.

My design team never fails with the challenges-so check them out
Chrissy, Guest Designer ~ http://trulychrissyxx.blogspot.co.uk/
The winner of the challenge with receive $10 gift certificate to:
 

7 comments:

jan farnworth said...

i think you did a wonderful job on this card it very pretty.

Parables of a Crafter said...

What an interesting creation!! I love the black and red together, especially with the image you selected!

Margaret said...

Fabulous job on the challenge. Love your silhouette image with the added touches of red.

Sam Pirkle said...

Great job on this card. I love the image you choice.

Sassy said...

Beautiful monochromatic card, Karen! Love it!!!

Jennipher said...

Karen I just love this with the different shades of pink. You silhouette just pops!

Jennipher said...

Karen I just love this with the different shades of pink. You silhouette just pops!

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...