Monochromatic Challenge PSC28

This week was a real challenge for me! Monochromatic designing is something I've never tried. Not sure how successful I was really.

First-I want to share the definition with you:

Monochromatic color schemes are derived from a single base hue, and extended using its shades, tones and tints (that is, a hue modified by the addition of black, gray (black + white) and white. As a result, the energy is more subtle and peaceful due to a lack of contrast of hue. Monochromatic color schemes may be considered boring unless there is diversity within the design.

The second part of the challenge is to use a sentiment that let's someone know you are thinking of them.


I started with a digi image from our sponsor: Stitchy Bear Stamps -the oriental girl. I fussy cut her out and wanted red as my monochromatic color.  You are allowed to use neutrals as well.  My designer paper is from K&Co. I punched flowers -Martha Stewart punch. & the one butterfly is from Stampin Up diecut. I love the red with the oriental girl, just not sure if it's truly monochromatic enough. Will keep trying this challenging colorscheme.

My design team never fails with the challenges-so check them out
Chrissy, Guest Designer ~ http://trulychrissyxx.blogspot.co.uk/
The winner of the challenge with receive $10 gift certificate to:
 
7 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bohemian Elephant with DecoArt Stencil

Mixed Media Inspirational Card

Christmas Canister-Recycled with Deco Art