Skip to main content

Word Art Wednesday Psalms 147:4

I'm excited to share with the other ladies at Word Art Wednesday this month!
I'm filling in for one of their regular designers.  It's such a pleasure!
 
They have FREE scripture every week that you can use (it's not required-but why wouldn't you use something that's free?) 
 
Here's my card I designed for this weeks scripture Psalms 147:4.
 
 
I started with plain white cardstock.   I printed the scripture and cut it so it would be card front size.
I embossed the gold stars.  The stamp is an old Stampin up one I had in my stash.  Anytime I need stars-I pull it out!
The tree is another Stampin Up stamp-I wanted it to look like it was in the background-used crumb cake ink.
Then I got to work with my distress inks and a sponge. 

My card came in handy-there's a friend of mine going thru a very difficult illness.  She needed some encouragement.  How much more encouraging is it to know if God named and keeps up with the stars-how much more he loves and keeps up with us!

I hope you'll hop over and submit your creation!  They always have generous sponsors with great prizes!!

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great week!


 
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stacked Pumpkins Class

Fall is in the air!  The painters were excited to paint this great 16x20 Social Art-networking Design!  The did a fabulous job!  They learned how to use their paintbrushes to create thin lines as well as thick ones.  Dry-brushing technique.  The #2 round brush is perfect for the vines surrounding the bottom of the pumpkins.

 We had some first timers and some seasoned painters. Everyone had a great time!

Happy Birthday with Paper Artsy stamps/masking

I was inspired by the current challenge at Paper Artsy-masking.  I've created this card using a different kind of masking. I brayed paint onto my gelli plate and this pushed the Paper Artsy flower stamps into the paint. Then I pulled the print. Wow!! The stamp pulled the paint off creating a negative space. I hightlighted the stamps with watercolor pencils. Did some additional stamping with Paper Artsy vine, then stamped The Happy Birthday sentiment from Stampin Up.  Added 3 die cut flowers on top with dimensional s to finish the card. I LOVE how it turned out!! I hope this inspires you!!!

Christmas Tag with Unity

Starting my Christmas cards. To get inspired, I looked into some challenges.  
Stamping: Unity Grunge; Distressed inks
Take it Make It October challenge: Craft Stamper Magazine: anything goes
Simon says Wednesday Challenge: Christmas