Skip to main content

Paper Artsy Challenge with Liz Borer

 I tried to follow the biggest part of her steps on my tags.  Since I don't have any of their paints, I embossed a lot of the stamping.  The hearts, outline of the boxes and sentiment were in black.  You can't see it in the pictures, but I also stamped the vine with hearts and then embossed it with clear. 
 Paper Artsy stamp set used EDY01 Eclectica by Darcy.  I loved it the minute I saw it!  I look forward to making even more projects with it.
 I did both tags side by side-just proof that you end up with different results!!  I knew I needed a baby tag-so I added some yellow with the barn door red.


Products used:
Prima flowers
Paper Artsy Stamp sets: Follow Your Heart & Garden of Dreams
Crafty Individuals stamp set CI-292
Unity Stamp artistic brick
Tim Holtz distress paint: mustard seed and barn door and picket fence
Wild Orchid doily
stazon black
Apple Barrel Antique White
Momento London Fog
Tim Holtz distress marker: vintage photo, worn lipstick and wild honey
Stampin Up dimensionals
Seam binding
Stampin up yellow ribbon
Black sharpie
Walnut distress ink
5 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Canister-Recycled with Deco Art

I had a small coffee canister and immediately knew I had to alter it! Does that happen to you? I used some new products from Deco Arts. Their Metallic Wax Finish covered the slick surface of the canister. See the tutorial at the end of the post. Want to get in on a challenge with some prizes?? Check it out at Party Time Tuesdays!
**I tried several adhesives in order to glue down embellishments on this wax product. E6000 is the only one that I finally got to work.




Under the Sea with DecoArt

DecoArt is having a challenge "Under the Sea" 
I love mermaids.  I knew what I wanted to do immediately. Using DecoArt Metallic Lustre products was a must!!.

 I used Traditions acrylics and did the background.  Painted my mermaid totally with Metallic Lustres. You can purchase any and all DecoArt products-HERE.

List of Metallic Lustre Colors by DecoArt:
Fab Fuchia
Black Shimmer
Rose Gold
Magestic Purple
Elegant Emerald
Iced Espresso
Cosmic Blue

List of Traditions Acrylic paint by DecoArt:
Hansa Yellow
Naphtol Red
Cobalt Blue
White


DecoArt Americana Paint is best for Gelli Prints

I love making gelli prints.  I've used a variety of types of paints.  The best I've found is DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints.  The consistency of the paint is perfect for spreading on the gelli plate. 
 On all the background gelli prints I used DecoArt Jacobean Floral stencil and the following Americana paint: Autumn Red, Antique Rose, Cadmium Yellow, and Moon Yellow. I changed which order I was putting them on the plate. This first one I embellished with Unity Stamps I'm so Happy and Ribbon by Really Reasonable Ribbon.  New Dawn Rooster by Unity Stamps and Wild Orchid Flowers.

 This last card-you can really tell how using numerous gelli prints together is like having matching designer paper!!  Except you created it yourself! The sentiment is from Unity Stamps, flowers from Wild Orchid and Flourishes. I hope you're inspired to design your own cards. Everyone loves getting a handmade card!
Entering the following challenges:Mojo Monday challenge 464-last card is usi…