***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Paper Artsy Technique Part 1

what do you think I'm making?
You'll never guess!!
If you follow me-you know I have a thing for altered boxes.
One of my customers has a 9 yr old daughter.
She's getting a real looking baby for Christmas.
She asked me to make her a box to wrap it in.
I thought-umm..
How about a bassinet?
That's right-a Bassinet!!
When I saw this technique this week on Paper Artsy-I knew I wanted to do it for the bassinet.
 First I has to find a 24 inch long box!!  Scooped it up at Lowes.  They had bows standing in them.  I just combined them into another box and took this one up to the cash register!  Bold huh?

They gladly gave it to me.  Yes-I'm thinking about going back & hoarding a couple for later projects! LOL-trying to resist!

I coated the whole box in gesso first. When dry, I painted all the edges with burnt umber Masters Touch acrylic paint.


then I cut 3x3 squares-lots of them!  I did 8 sheet of designer paper.  The paper I used was DCWV Old World stack. I used lots of Liquitex Matte Gel medium!

Check out Jo Myhill's technique HERE
Come back tomorrow for the finale!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Can't wait! Jo xx

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...